In order to assist staff in locating the record you are looking for, please include as much of the following information as possible:
For All Requests:
- A way to contact you for clarification and/or notification that records are ready.
- If you want copies of the records. (Note: Fees may be charged in advance.) Fee Schedule
- Do you want those copies in paper or electronic format.
For Police Department Records:
- Case Number (if known)
- Type of Incident
- Date of Incident (if not exact, please provide month/year)
- Location of Incident
- Name of Person Involved in Case
- Your Involvement in Case (i.e.: Victim, Attorney, Insurer, etc.)
- Reason for Request (If Criminal Case)
For General (Non-Police) City Records:
- Be as specific and detailed as possible in your description of the records you seek.
- Attach additional information, if necessary, to assist us in locating responsive records.
- Provide a way to contact you if clarification is needed. (Failure to provide sufficient information to identify the record(s) you seek may cause delays in satisfying your request.)